Brand Messaging Map
Lesson 4: OUTLINE
draft the main points you want your messaging to convey
Get excited because this is where the brand message crafting begins! Use your Homework Action notes from steps 1-4 as a guide for this section.
1 // GATHER + OUTLINE DETAILS // PLAN
What do you want to get across? Determine precisely what you want people to know about your business.
- Be sure to include your value by touching on the transformation, experience, and unique elements.
- And list other things you want your brand message to embody.
- Consider your audience's biggest struggles and what they want or need the most.
The goal is to list all the details you want to pack into your brand's message so you won't lose focus or overlook anything when you write it out.
2 // THEN CREATE A WRITTEN DRAFT
Now, write your messaging!
As you write, think about how you can write in a way that helps them understand and connect with you.
Since you've identified their struggles, desires, and mindset in Step 3, utilize that knowledge as you strive to show them why your product or service will help them and be valuable for them. Do this through . . .
- Word choices. How to choose words: Look at your notes on your audience. Make sure you're using words that they understand and resonate with. Choose words that connect with where they're at. Convey your value by writing with words that resonate with your ideal audience.
- And by touching on their pain points and struggles. This demonstrates that you know where they're at, and it also engages their emotions, which gets them to think about and consider your offering on a deeper level.
There's no need to be sales-y or pushy if you're genuine about the value of your products or services. Simply help your audience see how much your offerings will benefit them:
- Showcase the transformation your product or service offers. Walk them through the transformation with great descriptions. Help them visualize the before and after. By allowing them to resonate with the before and helping them clearly picture the after.
- Highlight the experience, too. Paint a picture of what it's like to use or hold your product or what it's like to work with you.
- Convey all of the unique features that make your business extra special and one-of-a-kind.
HOMEWORK ACTION // Work through the steps above to craft your messaging. Then, polish and perfect it.
Give life to your brand messaging in the next and final lesson!
bring your polished brand messaging to life